Sunday, July 3, 2011

Whoa, we're halfway there...

...whoa-oh, livin' on a prayer! (thanks Bon Jovi)

Halfway done on the Island. Ready to get back to school. But it's funny, now I am actually comfortable here, made more friends, feel less alone. But I still feel useless at my job. I am good at it, obviously, I could train a monkey to do this job. I need something that requires more brain power than that of a peanut. I need a job where I am working with people I feel more comfortable with. Not that the ones I am with are bad, it's just so different for me. Which I guess is a good experience if nothing else.

I have officially decided to change my major. Instead of Hospitality and Tourism Management major and a Business minor, I'm going to be a business major and HTM minor. It might take me an extra year to graduate, but I think I can squeeze it into four years. Whether or not I kill myself trying is a different matter.

This "internship" has done nothing but confuse the shit out of me. It has made me even less sure of what I do want and more sure of what I don't want. I don't want to work in a restaurant ever again. I just don't know what to do. As soon as I've got down what I want and have made a plan something new pops up and I want that.

“I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later.” - Mitch Hedberg

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have freedom of speech for a reason people!! Comment!!